1510 Lyons-Hotspur Road, Hotspur VIC
- 3 bedrooms
- 1 bathroom
- 8 car spaces
- Approx 1.94 Hectares
"THE RISING SUN - CIRCA 1858"
The former Rising Sun Hotel is located on the northeast corner of the two principal historic roads through Hotspur overlooking the Crawford River and the road bridge. The former hotel has been lovingly restored into a private residence and still retains its charm and stylistic details of an early restrained Victorian period building. The former hotel is built of handmade bricks, locally dug and burnt on the nearby Crawford River. Originally two storeys, the lower storey remains after the upper storey was dismantled in about 1950, but the current owners have restored a portion of the upstairs to create a beautiful loft.
The former Rising Sun Hotel is of historical significance as one of the two first hotels in the township of Hotspur and the surrounding area. The siting of the hotel is also historically significant as the oldest surviving hotel in Hotspur, located on a key historic intersection overlooking the traditional river crossing and later road bridge.
Situated amongst 1.94 hectares on over 10 titles, the home has been painstakingly and lovingly restored with areas that allow for the new owner to add their personal touch to this old beauty.
Features of this rare piece of history include:
* 12-foot ceilings with Dado walls, ornate ceiling roses and cornices throughout
* Large main bedroom with 2 open fireplaces, exposed brickwork and outdoor access
* Formal lounge with open fireplace that leads to the bar room and second bedroom
* Original Rising Sun Hotel bar room
* Second bedroom with outdoor access to fernery - options galore for ensuite and WIR
* Second storey renovated loft with scope and room for so much more
* Renovated bathroom with outdoor access to a large courtyard
* Paved courtyard with outdoor kitchen and surrounded by stunning gardens
* Mature trees galore including apples, cherries, lemons, figs, plums and more
* Vineyard and 5 bay machinery shed plus ample other shedding
* 3 x rainwater tanks
* 6 bay shed with concrete floor, power and roller doors
To put into words the beauty, history and what this property truly offers does not do it justice.
With the potential to add your personal touch, earn an income from Air BNB, host weddings and the like or simply call this your own private piece of paradise, this property has captured my heart and is sure to capture yours.
Contact me today for more details or to arrange an inspection - Nikki Hudson - 0438 846 645.
Heating & Cooling
Eco Friendly Features
Estimated monthly repayments based on properties like this.
Interest Rate (p.a)